What is Digital citizenship
Every one of us is a citizen of this globe. With the advancement in technology, this globe is becoming a global village and due to this fact, every one of us is a digital citizen as well. In this article we learn about What is Digital citizenship and how to use technology.
Here we will discuss the understanding of digital citizenship, its importance, and its principles.
- Digital citizenship can be defined as the appropriate access and use of the digital world as a responsible digital citizen.
- Digital citizenship imposes some duties on every digital citizen so that they can make use of technology in a positive manner.
- With the rapid advancement in technology, advancements and changes have also been made in aspects and methods of usage of digital citizenship.
- The person who makes use of technology and the internet responsibly to interact with digital society is called a digital citizen.
- As a citizen of this globe, there are some duties and responsibilities of us, similarly being a digital citizens we must use the digital world appropriately while differentiating between good and bad.
- Digital citizen makes sure they use technology without disturbing anyone else privacy. Being a digital citizen he respects the personal space of other digital citizens. What is digital citizenship.
Significance of Digital Citizenship
- Today, 5.07 billion people interact with the digital world. And this number is increasing day by day with the rapid need and use of technology.
- This online network forms a digital society, where everyone plays their part efficiently keeping in mind their responsibilities in every field of technology and the internet.
- Every digital citizen has significance in the digital world regardless of what he is in person. His actions and behavior influence digital society.
- As almost everyone interacts with the digital world. So, for the positive impact of the digital world on our society, every digital citizen must play their role efficiently, following the rules and regulations.
- Are digital citizens interacting respectfully in the digital world? Are they obeying the laws and legislation of the digital world? Are they consider themselves accountable for their digital behavior?
- Following the rules of digital citizenship, will help digital citizens to generate a productive attitude toward the digital world.
Important points of digital citizenship
- Here are some productive methods to focus on the essential principles of digital citizenship.
- Digital citizenship classifies the elements based on S3 Framework, S3 is the three tiers of safe, savvy, and social provided by digital citizens.
- Safety: to protect yourself and others from hazards and risks.
- Savvy: educating yourself and others with the changing advancements of the digital World.
- Social: respecting, cooperating, and giving space to each other in the digital World to ensure an impactful digital society.
Components of the digital World
The following are the key components of the digital world, that if followed or kept in mind can enhance your relationship with the digital world.
- Digital health and wellness: the growing need for technology and the internet has made the young generation addicted to it and affects their health making the elders worried.
- How you can maintain the usage of technology and well-being of health at the same time?
- Digital literacy: educating yourself and others about the correct use of technology and the digital world.
- How can be digital literacy empowered to make the use of digital world positively for the well-being of digital society?
- Digital etiquette: everyone in the digital society, have to behave according to the specific conventional codes.
- How can people set the perfect example of digital etiquette?
There must be defined moral values that should be set by elders and the young ones. For example, avoid phones during family time, meals, and work.
- Digital security: safety measures to ensure the safe journey of digital citizenship.
- How people can protect themselves in the digital world? How to avoid fraud, threats, and scams? How to get yourselves protected against digital danger?
- Digital law: the rules and laws that are implied so that you can follow them to be a legal and responsible digital citizen.
- How a digital citizen can play their part in encouraging respectful laws?
Digital crimes should be punished and reported, strict action should be taken against them.